Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Furry_Friends

Re: Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Post by Furry_Friends »

I would like to enter Pumpkin for Rescue Rabbit of the month for November

I saved this little boy by the skin of his teeth from being put to sleep. He was entire on arrival, and very hormonal. He had bitten all family members, including the dog, and had a tear on his ear on arrival...
The previous owner said neutering wouldn't make a difference, and nicknamed him 'devil rabbit'.
I didn't feel a rabbit should die for being hormonal, so accepted him here. He has now been neutered and we are hoping he will calm down in time.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team have now chosen the winner of the Rescue Rabbit of the Month for October and it is:-

Denzil from Marias Animal Shelter

Denzil wins a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy him and the other bunnies some goodies :D
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for October - Denzil from Marias Animal Shelter, we are now opening up this thread for entries for the November Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our 21 Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good), you have until midnight on 3st October to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the 21 Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of November and will win a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy greens, herbs, supplies etc for the winner and the other animals at their Rescue :)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Furry_Friends wrote:I would like to enter Pumpkin for Rescue Rabbit of the month for November

I saved this little boy by the skin of his teeth from being put to sleep. He was entire on arrival, and very hormonal. He had bitten all family members, including the dog, and had a tear on his ear on arrival...
The previous owner said neutering wouldn't make a difference, and nicknamed him 'devil rabbit'.
I didn't feel a rabbit should die for being hormonal, so accepted him here. He has now been neutered and we are hoping he will calm down in time.
Thank you Furry Friends for entering Pumpkin. What a sad story :( Hopefully he will soon settle down
MariasAnimalShelter

Post by MariasAnimalShelter »

Thank you very much for choosing Denzil as rescue of the month.After initially coming into the shelter very scared he has turned into a lovely friendly rabbit. The happy ending is that he went to his new home last week to be introduced to a female called Lilly. :D
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

MariasAnimalShelter wrote:Thank you very much for choosing Denzil as rescue of the month.After initially coming into the shelter very scared he has turned into a lovely friendly rabbit. The happy ending is that he went to his new home last week to be introduced to a female called Lilly. :D
Wow that's great news :D I've sent you a PM about the voucher ;)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

MariasAnimalShelter wrote:Thank you very much for choosing Denzil as rescue of the month.After initially coming into the shelter very scared he has turned into a lovely friendly rabbit. The happy ending is that he went to his new home last week to be introduced to a female called Lilly. :D
Wonderful news! :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Southampton Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

We would like to enter Munchkin for the Rescue Rabbit of the Month.

Munchkin is 5 years old, she was actually born at the Rescue, and we fell in love with her :x :x she is a very beautiful chocolate chinchilla. Unfortunately she suffers from bladder sludge and has had to have 3 lots of bladder surgery, 2 to remove sludge and a full cystonomy (bladder stone removal). Earlier this year despite our best efforts she had to have her right eye removed because she had glaucoma :( she recovered very well from this operation and is now pain free.

She has been through so much in her life and has amazed us and the vets with her strength and sweetness. Everyone who meets her falls in love with her :x :x She is a permanent resident at the Rescue and lives in the Hospital building.

Here she is

And having a bunny nap :x :x
Bowbunny

Post by Bowbunny »

Can I enter the gorgeous rocco for rescue rabbit of the month please . Rocco only arrived this week . He has been neglected along with 2 other rabbits. He was starving and extremely dehydrated. He currently weighs 1.87 where he should be nearer 2- 2.5kg for his frame size poor little man is skin and bone and eyes tell a story . He just looks so fed up but now under bow bunny care he will come on leaps and bounds with binkies to match

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Good luck to Pumpkin, Munchkin and Rocco...all very deserving of winning the prize and so glad each of them is now safely being cared for in rescues.
sue:)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny