Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
RabbitResidenceCat

Re: Nominations for Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig February

Post by RabbitResidenceCat »

We would like to nominate dear Neroli. She's really not very well at the moment, a couple of weeks ago her left eye was looking just awful. Investigations proved that she had an abscess behind the eye caused by overgrown tooth roots penetrating the eye socket (OUCH!), so the decision was made to remove her eye (DOUBLE OUCH!). She is now slowly recovering with the help of her husbun, Oslo. She is at the vets today (26th) for a further op to have a gentimicin bead sewn into her socket, she couldn't have this before as there was a hole in the socket going into her mouth and if she swallowed it, it could kill her. It's a super strong antibiotic.

So lots of hearts and love for Neroli please!

Before the eye problems:

Post op:
Volunteer at The Rabbit Residence. Bunny mum to Bob & Pat.
sdf76

Re: Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Post by sdf76 »

all gorgeous bunnies- the team will have a tough time choosing.:)
sue :)
Last edited by sdf76 on 05 Feb 2016 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound team have now chosen the winner of the Rescue Rabbit of the month for February and it is:-

Dachs from Hopper Haven

So well done to him :D he wins a £20.00 supermarket gift card for Hopper Haven to buy some veg, supplies etc for him and the other rabbits at the Rescue.

Here he is
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
bb mommy

Post by bb mommy »

Thank you so much!

Dachs loves his veggies (he's not so keen on his pellets, but he's getting there), so extra veggies will put a smile on his face.

I'll post an update once he has a new friend/s as Lou will be keen to get his bonding underway once he's recovered from his neuter last Friday.

Thanks again :)

Hopper Haven Sanctuary www.hopperhaven.org.uk
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Now that we have announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit for February (Dachs from Hopper Haven) we would like to open up the thread for our Rescues to enter their nominations for March.

As before ALL our 22 Rescues are eligible to enter even if you have won before. You can enter a single rabbit or guinea pig or it can be a pair or group. All we need is their story and at least 1 photo (but more than 1 is good ;) )

Just post your entry as a reply to this thread. If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know, you can send me a private message by clicking on my green name (foofy).

You have until midnight on Monday 29th February to get your entries in. The winner will be decided by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of March and they will win a £20.00 supermarket voucher for their Rescue to buy veg, greens, herbs, etc

Southampton Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

We would like to enter Daisy for the Rescue Rabbit of the month.

Daisy is a 5 year old REW dwarf lop. She only came into the Rescue last weekend, but as you can see from the photos she has very bad eyes, one a lot worse than the other. She was started on medication straight away and has now seen the vet. She had one tear duct flushed but the vet couldn't find the tear duct in her worst eye as it's too swollen :( we are hoping now she is receiving the correct care and medication she will make a full recovery, but this could take a while. She also has a bad case of mites.

This is how she came into the centre:-

Her mites

After some medication at the Rescue

After her visit to the vets
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Oh my goodness- poor Daisy! That must be so painful -So glad you got her and she's having treatment- you can see the improvement already.
sue x
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Furry_Friends

Post by Furry_Friends »

We would like to enter Amy and Teemo who came in recently

As you can see, Teemo is overweight and needed his nails sorted on arrival. He also needed his back end cleaned as he is too large to do it himself. He says that if he wins, he promises to only buy healthy food for his diet :)

Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you for entering Amy & Teemo Furry Friends :-)
I am sure Teemo's bottom issue will soon resolve themself when he looses a bit of weight ;-) what a handsome pair :-)
MariasAnimalShelter

Post by MariasAnimalShelter »

12633522_941860442563772_6209793348399004422_o.jpg
12633522_941860442563772_6209793348399004422_o.jpg (104.48 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Can we enter rescue rabbit of the month please.
Willow has recently entered the shelter. We had to collect her as her owner could not drive. I could not believe it when the man opened a shed door and walked into a completely dark outhouse. Poor Willow had been living in the dark for 2yrs and her nails were extremely long. Looking around where she had been living, in one corner of the shed,there was a huge pile of droppings, which looked as though it had never been cleaned out. After all Willow has been through, she has turned out to be one very friendly bunny.