Looks like we have some new long termers!

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Furry_Friends

Looks like we have some new long termers!

Post by Furry_Friends »

A while ago a lady emailed me regarding her two rabbits. The female rabbit (Coco) suffers from a messy bottom and she didn't have time to clean her. I advised her on how to help the issue and last week she said she couldn't find the time to clean Coco and wanted to bring her and her husbun, Riley in to us. When space became available they came in.

As expected, Coco is very overweight and her back end is very sore and swollen. She gave me a bag of Wagg which is what they were fed on. Then I saw Riley...... She told me Coco was 3 and Riley was 2 which obviously isn't true. She gave me Coco's vaccination card (which is 3 years out of date) and the card says shes 4 years old. Riley looks 6+ and is a bag of bones :(

I took both rabbits to the vets to try and find out the problems. The vet isn't holding out much hope for little Riley. He is possibly the skinniest rabbit I have had in and she said she wont neuter him, even if he miraculously gains weight due to his poor condition. She said there is no way he can be vaccinated either. He has unusual teeth - some are missing and the others are not growing correctly. At the moment his teeth don't need anything doing though. She is worried that he has problems with his kidneys also. The previous owner has told me Riley has never seen a vet.

So its just a waiting game now... hoping that Riley will pull through even though his odds are against him.
Hunnybunny2007

Re: Looks like we have some new long termers!

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

That's so sad, I hope Riley is able to pull through this :(
*Red*

Post by *Red* »

Oh I'm so sorry. It must be heart breaking. But at least they've found you now. I have my fingers arms, legs and toes crossed xx
Furry_Friends

Post by Furry_Friends »

Thank you both. Will keep you updated on his progress. Am hoping for a miracle!
Jacq

Post by Jacq »

So sad, but at least she waited until there was room and didn't just let them go.
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Poor bunnies :(

So glad that they have found someone who will make sure they are comfortable and cared for x
rabbitapril

Post by rabbitapril »

Ahw, I do hope you can get some weight on Riley and help Coco loose some.
Why cant people tell the truth about their pets, especially when they are unloading their responsibility on to someone else. X(
Good on you for helping these buns.
Debster

Post by Debster »

Poor poor buns :( really hope Riley can be helped, keep us updated!
mollyjoker

Post by mollyjoker »

It breaks my heart when i hear these sad stories.
All my love and vibes for poor Riley.
Bunnyaddict

Post by Bunnyaddict »

Poor wee souls :( So, so sad that life has been so awful to them :( Sending all the love & vibes we can to them xxxx