Possibly having new hutches

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

Re: Possibly having new hutches

Post by Foofy »

sdf76 wrote:
kermit wrote:Sounds like this will be quite the project.
Will be fab, spoiled buns!!!!!!

True :)

Shame I don't live near you as I am chucking paving slabs out!
Maybe offer them to a nearby rescue if they can collect? slabs usually handy as pathways to hutches can get very muddy in winter.
sue :)
Shame really as like you Kermit I got rid of a load of slabs when we had our patio done in block paving, I sold a load for 99p on Ebay! but was good as the buyer collected them all :) Maybe you could try giving yours to a rescue like Sue suggested or putting them on Ebay. I did keep some which I used to put my current hutches on but I'll need more for the new hutches/shed. Agree Sue my slabs under and in front of my hutches are a godsend does still get a bit muddy in front of the hutches as I only have 1 slab width and I need more than that really when I'm cleaning out the hutches, I do like to have all my cleaning stuff and bags of hay, paper and straw everywhere around me :))
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
*Red*

Post by *Red* »

Sounds like a fab set up! Keep us updated with photos.. :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I have been a pain :ymblushing: and insisted my OH got new flat patio slabs for our new aviary base - much easier to clean than riven slabs. I still have all the riven slabs from the previous patio which was turfed over in the runs but they can go to make a new garden path. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Well it's official we've booked the week off work at the end of May to convert bike shed into my 2 new hutches and hopefully build my new run too :) I can't wait till it's all done :) Will take photos as we're doing it so you can all see :)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Well I've now ordered the bike shed ready for the end of the month :) Ordered it online and went through Easy Fundraising so PaP will get a donation :)

This weekend we're hoping to make a start in preparing the garden, we are having the hutch against the back wall of the garden so have to move the composter bin and chop down a branch of the crab tree and chop down my big buddlia bush and start preparing the ground we have to lay slabs down etc.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Foofy wrote:Well I've now ordered the bike shed ready for the end of the month :) Ordered it online and went through Easy Fundraising so PaP will get a donation :)

This weekend we're hoping to make a start in preparing the garden, we are having the hutch against the back wall of the garden so have to move the composter bin and chop down a branch of the crab tree and chop down my big buddlia bush and start preparing the ground we have to lay slabs down etc.
Can't wait to see the finished project, will you be taking photos along the way ;)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Hunnybunny2007 wrote: Can't wait to see the finished project, will you be taking photos along the way ;)
Yes I will especially as I will have Gulliver here helping us too :)) so will make sure I take lots of pics, will also take some before we start. Shame Gulliver can't take some pictures while we're working as I don't think he will be doing much of the hard work, more supervising us :)) :))