referred aggression advice

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
poppymoon

referred aggression advice

Post by poppymoon »

i'm fostering 2 bunnies atm. they have a hutch and run set up with a double row of panels and tarp separating them and esme who is free range.

its not enough. i'm seeing signs of referred aggression. please does anyone have any tips on what i could do?
Honey61

Re: referred aggression advice

Post by Honey61 »

Really sorry I can't help.... such a shame as I know how much you like having additional bunnies in your life.
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

What size gap do you have between the rows of panels?

Is the tarp over one set of panels blockng the view?
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

about 10-12" gap and yes, tarp is blocking the view.

i'll try making the gap bigger - bit tricky with a small lawn and 2 piggy runs as well!
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Could you put the piggy runs next to the bunny run, so that they're between Esme and the guests?
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

i move the piggy runs every day - they're great lawnmowers.

i've opened the gap btw the sets of panels to over 2 feet and i haven't noticed so much angst today - apart from all boys (piggies and bunnies) appear to be going through a sex pest phase :? lunar thing???
Honey61

Post by Honey61 »

poppymoon wrote:i move the piggy runs every day - they're great lawnmowers.

i've opened the gap btw the sets of panels to over 2 feet and i haven't noticed so much angst today - apart from all boys (piggies and bunnies) appear to be going through a sex pest phase :? lunar thing???
I would say a lunar thing.... Tigger & teddi have been right little minx's :roll: ... managed to catch Tigger before he got to Australia... & Teddi has been sent to the norty bunny step twice in 2 days :lol:
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Honey61 wrote:
poppymoon wrote:i move the piggy runs every day - they're great lawnmowers.

I would say a lunar thing.... Tigger & teddi have been right little minx's :roll: ... managed to catch Tigger before he got to Australia... & Teddi has been sent to the norty bunny step twice in 2 days :lol:
Having seen the way Lady trashed her sea grass ball this morning, and the way Butters overturned his litter tray and threw his pellet bowl done the ramp.....I have to agree with that theory! :lol:
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

well, girly bun is called binky so i've now renamed boy bun (thomas) as BONKY!!!!!
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

poppymoon wrote:well, girly bun is called binky so i've now renamed boy bun (thomas) as BONKY!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: