Halfpenny update.

Here you can see the work done by the rescues we support and where the money goes each month.
Halfpenny

Halfpenny update.

Post by Halfpenny »

Sorry, again, for the late update. We have been really battered by the recent storms.
We’ve had another 4 trees knocked down, and these were large, old conifers- one totally wiped out our peafowl run and a chicken run. Thankfully nobody was injured although we feared at one point we wouldn’t get the peahen out because the run was pretty much flattened. Eventually we got her safe, as well as the hens and Emir, our peacock.
It’s been such weird weather, we’ve never seen such a long spell of storms and seldom such high winds.
We have had to limit what animals we take in and with so many of ours getting older, it’s more time consuming caring for them.
Alice our deaf bunny is in next week for a dental and a tear duct flush.
One of our younger guinea pigs has a nasty abscess just under a cheek, so a long course of meds for her. I didn’t know baytril is no longer used so she’s on trimethoprim and metacam for 2 weeks. She’s bright and eating so hopefully she will recover well. I might put her in for a dental check once it’s less sore and inflamed, to check it’s not some internal issue that’s caused it. She lives with one other girl in a 6ft hutch and they seem to get on well, so I do t think it can be a fight that’s caused it.
Anyway, another smaller storm due tomorrow, so a cold day again, hopefully we lose no more trees.
Stay safe everybody.