Halfpenny may update.

Here you can see the work done by the rescues we support and where the money goes each month.
Halfpenny

Halfpenny may update.

Post by Halfpenny »

Another month gone and finally the weather has started to warm up. Our swallows were over a week late in arriving which is quite scary I think.
It’s been a busy month, although we haven’t been asked to take in too many animals, thankfully.
We have taken in a skinny pig we have called Little Clanger, and he’s very cute, brown skin and a shock of ginger hair on his nose. He will be castrated and bonded to one of our girl pairs.
Dusty recovered well from her op, unfortunately Bernard needed another, so he’s had 3 dentals since he arrived last year, which doesn’t bode well for his teeth getting any better.
We very sadly lost Zeke, our lovely grey rabbit who was about 11, he had tumours throughout his lungs and there was nothing we could do. He was our longest bunny resident and will be sadly missed.
We have taken in another cat, a wee Persian whose owner died and she’s about 10 years old. Her coat isn’t great and she’s a bit lean so blood tests for her soon.
We also lost Prudence, a Hebridean sheep we took in last year, she had severe arthritis and was getting stuck on her side which is dangerous and stressful in sheep.
Today we are supposed to be taking in a 4 month old blind lamb, not had a blind sheep before, although our Diddles is cross eyed with brain damage and manages, so hopefully she will be fine.
Mike is settling in well to retirement, although we haven’t established a routine at all, mainly due to me breaking the pinky knuckle in my right hand and being very limited in what I can do. Thankfully I got the all clear this week to get back to normal.
Again we can’t thank you enough for all the effort you put into raising money for charities like us, it means a lot.