Belated halfpenny update.

Here you can see the work done by the rescues we support and where the money goes each month.
Halfpenny

Belated halfpenny update.

Post by Halfpenny »

Sorry for the late update, it’s been a tough few months.
We have lost a few of our long termers, most sadly our Dalmatian/ collie cross Pepsi who was just over 16 and had been With us for 16 years. We also lost Opal our nearly 9 year old guinea pig and Malcolm our 9 year old cockerel. We lost 2 Guinea pig boys to diarrhoea. No idea what caused it, only 2 who were kept separately, one lived with 2 neuteted girls who were fine. A post mortem showed no reason for it either, however it was heartbreaking as I don’t think they were terribly old.
We have taken in 4 more girl guinea pigs, which was unusual as it’s usually boys people want to Rehome.
We also took in 2 goats, some more hens, some quail and a hamster.
I keep saying, ‘no more’ but if we have space and it’s urgent, I can’t turn them away, however we turn away many more than we take in.
I’m still working 5/6 mornings a week and spend the rest of the day mucking our, thankfully our lockdown crew of volunteers are being so reliable it means the animals are getting all the care they need. We are both in holiday from work for 2 weeks at the end of next week, and boy do we need it. This weekend will be spent making the poultry runs bird proof due to the avian flu lockdown..... something we really could have done without this year especially!
sdf76

Re: Belated halfpenny update.

Post by sdf76 »

So sorry to hear of your losses of Pepsi, Opal, Malcolm, and the 2 guinea pigs. :( So many losses :(
I'm glad you still have volunteers and hope things are not so hectic over Christmas.
Thank you for your update.:)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny