Honeybunnies Oct Update added

Here you can see the work done by the rescues we support and where the money goes each month.
honeybunny

Honeybunnies Oct Update added

Post by honeybunny »

A huge apology for not posting update last month
Some will know it was a strange time for me with family troubles ect.
This is what was posted on our FB page as end of months and was also on PAPs page but adding here
To say we have been running as normal but the numbers with me and fosterers has gone down and will continue to do so. Nice to have lesss over winter.

ANNOUNCEMENT.
Some of you may have heard and some were contacted by me, to say we are closing.
I had decided I was overtired, getting too old for this, the pet situation hasn't improved and I needed time off. So decision made.
I told our fosterers, our main vets, cancelled one other vet account and asked another good rescue to help with 3 long termers which they kindly did. All set to close.....
BUT then having spoken to all my lovely friends and fosterers, other rescues and people from groups and being overwhelmed by their compliments and the sadness at us stopping , I re thought :)
So Honeybunnies is not closing but we will be dealing with smaller numbers of animals. I do need some time for myself and my family and was just not getting this with up to 40 animals in my own care let alone those in foster. This number will go down drastically.
Therefore please do keep watching the page, ( its been quiet for a while due to me thinking about the future ), supporting us and helping the animals we care for.
Apologies to those I had informed of our closure, hope you understand .
To those who's response was kind and thoughtful thank you so much.
And to the rest of the Honeybunny team, I love you all but sorry the work goes on .....if you want it! xx
honeybunny

Re: Honeybunnies Oct Update added

Post by honeybunny »

Well we've had a good month with lots of great homes offered to our animals.
Running so long we see more people come back to us to find new pets after losing original Honeybunnies and Honeypigs to old age and many of the homes this month were like this.
So we homed 6 guinea pigs and 11 rabbits in October which we are very pleased with. :)

Sadly we said goodbye to half wildie Dougal AKA Fido Honeybunny who was returned to us early in the year as his owners moved to Isle of Man . I found him in his forever sleep but he was 11 years and 8 months old so had a very good innings.

We have 3 other rabbits boked to go in next week or so which means November could be good too and I will have got the number down to where I wanted them for winter ( see first post ! )
I hope other rescues have rehomed well too and lets keep fingers crossed firework night is a quiet one!
sdf76

Re: Honeybunnies Oct Update added

Post by sdf76 »

Thank you for your update about the continuation of your rescue.
Sorry to hear of your loss of Dougal :( - such a great age.
Well done for all the adoptions you have made.:)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny