Halfpenny September update.

Here you can see the work done by the rescues we support and where the money goes each month.
Halfpenny

Halfpenny September update.

Post by Halfpenny »

Hi, late again, or perhaps I should just accept my updates will be mid- monthly!
Anyway, it’s been a quiet month as we are pretty full and don’t have room for many more animals.
We have taken in 2 older female guinea pigs and 2 budgies but I think that’s about it! We have had quite a few requests to take in but have manage to find alternative places for them.
We have sadly lost 2 rats to tumours and that leaves us with 3 now.
At the moment we are busy with our winter preparations, winter proofing the birds housing, getting the pigs into their indoor housing and getting all the stables winter ready.
Leo the dog hasn’t really settled yet, he’s less scared but very timid and nervous. I hope he will appreciate being warm this winter, rather than living in a concrete pen, and start to realise this is a good place to be.
Not much more news, we are both working and hoping it’s not going to be a hard winter as it’s tough enough getting up at 5am to start checking, feeding, putting out etc, but very much worse in a howling blizzard! :))
sdf76

Re: Halfpenny September update.

Post by sdf76 »

Thank you for your update.:)
Sorry to hear of the loss of your 2 rats :( .
I hope the winter weather will not be too harsh this year.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny