Southampton Rabbit Rescue

Here you can see the work done by the rescues we support and where the money goes each month.
sdf76

Re: Southampton Rabbit Rescue

Post by sdf76 »

Aw no I was so hoping Muffin would pull through :( very sorry for your loss. :(
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Southampton Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

Hi!!! Sorry we've not posted in a while. It's been a hard and busy period. Sadly we had to say goodbye to Thelma yesterday. Thelma had a bladder tumour which was too bit to be operated on. We knew when we took Thelma & Louise on it was palliative care. Sadly, yesterday we found her unable to use her back left leg, soaked in urine and clearly in discomfort. The decision was made to put her to sleep. Louise stayed at her side throughout the euthanasia. Nudged her head when she passed, licked her and said goodbye. We now watch Louise to make sure she's ok. If that wasn't bad enough we had our mascot Eddy poorly and had to rush him to vetsnow at midnight!!! Unable to urinate...... doing better today. xx
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

so sorry to hear Thelma didn't make it :(
I hope Eddy will improve.
sue
Southampton Rescue

Well Eddy (touch wood) is on the mend but we've had Marble poorly. We found a testicular tumour a week ago which was massive. It came on suddenly. The vet was concerned it had spread to his lungs because he had breathing issues. He was anaesthesied and began to struggle, an emergency x-ray was done to ensure his lungs were clear, they were so the procedure went a head. On recovery he turned blue and was placed in an oxygen tent. He came through it but hasn't been well ever since. Hardly eating and his breathing is still an issue. So we watch and wait, he's due a check up this Friday. We also have 4 rabbits/piggies waiting to be neutered. Once Marbles bill has been paid then we will proceed with the neutering.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I'm glad Eddie has improved and hope Marble will pull through.
sue
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Thank you for your update :)

I hope Eddy has continued to improve and I hope that Marble is now feeling better too and that his vet check went well :)

Southampton Rescue will be included in our July draw - good luck :)
Southampton Rescue

Well it's been a hard few weeks at the rescue. We sadly lost our beloved Marble and a short while later we lost Theo our 12 year old. An xray on Marble confirmed massive sinus and jaw bone damage due to awful teeth. The sinuses had been penetrated which is why he was struggling to breathe. We then discovered a jaw abscess on Theo which was confirmed and again the damage was extensive and at the age of 12 we choose to let him sleep peacefully away. Sorry for not posting sooner.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you for the update so sorry about Marble and Theo :( met them both and they were such lovely bunnies :(
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Thank you so much for the update - Southampton Rescue will be entered into the August draw - good luck :)
Southampton Rescue

We're not having much luck at the centre. Since our last post we lost our beloved Rolo and our 15 year old lad Flash. Both within a week. We also had the sad dity to put a rehome to sleep due to horrific dental disease.