Southampton Rabbit Rescue

Here you can see the work done by the rescues we support and where the money goes each month.
Southampton Rescue

Southampton Rabbit Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

Hi!!

A big thank you from all at SRR for the kindness and support you've shown the rescue over the years.

2018 was a hard year here a t the centre with the loss of 10 of our permanent bunnies, one of which was our 13 year old mascot Warren.

We've had a massive vet bill due to the sickness of all the permanent buns and the money from PaP has helped greatly to bring the balance down. Poor Bullseye's bill was over £600 alone. All our permanent residents (23) have just had there RHD2 jabs done - as you can imagine that isn't cheap!!

We've had a big outbreak of RHD2 here in Southampton so have sadly had to be very restrictive of the buns we bring in to the centre for re-home. We have been agreeing with owners that we will pay for the vaccination before they arrive. We have 23 sick bunnies here and even though vaccinated they are still at risk.

Once i've worked out how to add photos, i will post some of tour residents and re-homes.

Thank you all once again

Sue & The Bunnies x
sdf76

Re: Southampton Rabbit Rescue

Post by sdf76 »

Sorry to hear of your losses- especially of mascot bunny Warren :( it must be so hard. :(
I look forward to hearing about the remaining bunnies at your rescue .
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Thank you for the update :(

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses, I know how you must feel, I lost my 12 year old bunny last year and it was heartbreaking, but I hope you find comfort that it's due to your care that so many rabbits are still with you :)

Southampton Rabbit Rescue will be in Januarys draw - good luck :)
Southampton Rescue

Update - we have 3 sick residents!! Poor ole Muffin who will be 12 this year has suddenly developed entropian in his left eye. We are attempting to treat topically with a variety of eye drops and pain relief. Surgery at his age isn't a safe option. Muffin is completely blind. Theo one of our other golden oldies (also 12 or 13) has small white filled spots in both inner eyelids. He has always had these, but they seem to be getting worse. Lastly, Toby our 10 year has a loss of appetite. No idicators why at present - new re-homes arriving this week, possibly piggies too!!
Southampton Rescue

Sir Teddy, our old mascot who passed away a few years ago.
Attachments
Sir Teddy
Sir Teddy
teddy cropped (2).jpg (28.42 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Beautiful boy x
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Lovely pic of Sir Teddy .
I do hope Muffin, Theo and Toby will all respond to treatment :)
Southampton Rescue

Well Muffin was seen at rhe vets last week. He has nasty ulcers on each eye (Vet thinks from when he bumps into things - blind) We have 2 f=different types of eye ointment and drops and some more pain relief. Due back for a re-check tomorrow.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Southampton Rescue wrote:Well Muffin was seen at rhe vets last week. He has nasty ulcers on each eye (Vet thinks from when he bumps into things - blind) We have 2 f=different types of eye ointment and drops and some more pain relief. Due back for a re-check tomorrow.
Fingers crossed for Muffin, hope the drops and ointment will help him.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Southampton Rescue wrote:Well Muffin was seen at rhe vets last week. He has nasty ulcers on each eye (Vet thinks from when he bumps into things - blind) We have 2 f=different types of eye ointment and drops and some more pain relief. Due back for a re-check tomorrow.
Hope Muffin will improve.
I've no idea of your set up at the rescue, and if this info might help? but when Coco was going blind I painted things white ( like the bottom of stones/chairs etc) to help him ,as a Blind friend of mine told me she could distinguish light and shade, and kept things in the same position so Coco could find his way around. She also told me she could recognise my voice so I always spoke to Coco as I approached him.