Rescues - long termer thread

Sherlock

Re: Rescues - long termer thread

Post by Sherlock »

I'm in Surrey and have taken on 7 rescue buns this year, I started off with finding a husbun for adelle (the very handsome Byron), fell for a trio (that fell out, then very sadly went back to the rescue and due to some miscommunications went back to the rescue at the rescues request - I'd do anything to get them back as I miss them everyday). I then adopted a brother and sister pair who were taken with me, since the day I might adelle's husbun. I also fell for a gorgeous English x hare (well he looks that way to me) called Watson, who at his choice from me showing him pictures of all women buns at rescues, fete chose a pair of sisters and is now called smug bun.
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Sending new home vibes for all these gorgeous long-termers. xxx
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
bunnymadhouse

Post by bunnymadhouse »

Daphne ...arived here almost 11 months ago as a tiny furless baby .
Has some dental problems .
looking for a home as a single housebunny as doesnt get along with other rabbits .
sdf76

Re: Rescues

Post by sdf76 »

Tracy wrote:Image

These girls have been at Kirkby Rescue for over 3 years. :( No bunny should spend that long in rescue. Mum came into the rescue pregnant, so the daughters have never known anything but rescue life.

They were a group of 3 (mum and her two daughters), but sadly one of them died a few weeks ago, so now they are a pair. They all look very similar, so I don't know whether it is mum and a daughter that's left, or the two sisters. The age difference between mum and daughters was only around 6 months.

I was gutted when I found out that one of them had passed away. I have tried so very hard to get them a home and keep drawing attention to them, but sadly they are always overlooked. I have no idea why as they are absolutely gorgeous and have lovely personalities. They love nothing more than to snuggle up together. There has never been a cross word between them.

The girls are unspayed, so if someone did adopt them they would need to have them spayed themselves. Celia does not have a set fee, but instead asks for a donation, so the fact they are not spayed could be reflected in the donation offered. Please don't question me on the non-spaying issue as this is Celia's policy and not mine (I am just a volunteer)....thanks.
I am bumping this up as I hope someone will consider this pair of bunnies who have been in rescue for 3YEARS!!! :(
sue x
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny