Rescues - long termer thread

Bunnyaddict

Re: Rescues

Post by Bunnyaddict »

Awwww all the long termers really tug at my heartstrings :( :( :(

Tracy that has made me cry that one of the beautiful little trio died in rescue & never knew her own forever home :( So, so sad - binky free little lady xxx
wilford refuge

Post by wilford refuge »

Tracy wrote:Image

These girls have been at Kirkby Rescue for over 3 years. :( No bunny should spend that long in rescue. Mum came into the rescue pregnant, so the daughters have never known anything but rescue life.

They were a group of 3 (mum and her two daughters), but sadly one of them died a few weeks ago, so now they are a pair. They all look very similar, so I don't know whether it is mum and a daughter that's left, or the two sisters. The age difference between mum and daughters was only around 6 months.

I was gutted when I found out that one of them had passed away. I have tried so very hard to get them a home and keep drawing attention to them, but sadly they are always overlooked. I have no idea why as they are absolutely gorgeous and have lovely personalities. They love nothing more than to snuggle up together. There has never been a cross word between them.

The girls are unspayed, so if someone did adopt them they would need to have them spayed themselves. Celia does not have a set fee, but instead asks for a donation, so the fact they are not spayed could be reflected in the donation offered. Please don't question me on the non-spaying issue as this is Celia's policy and not mine (I am just a volunteer)....thanks.
I didn't realise one of these girls had died Tracy. So sad that she never had a proper home :(
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Tracy wrote:Image

These girls have been at Kirkby Rescue for over 3 years. :( No bunny should spend that long in rescue. Mum came into the rescue pregnant, so the daughters have never known anything but rescue life.

They were a group of 3 (mum and her two daughters), but sadly one of them died a few weeks ago, so now they are a pair. They all look very similar, so I don't know whether it is mum and a daughter that's left, or the two sisters. The age difference between mum and daughters was only around 6 months.

I was gutted when I found out that one of them had passed away. I have tried so very hard to get them a home and keep drawing attention to them, but sadly they are always overlooked. I have no idea why as they are absolutely gorgeous and have lovely personalities. They love nothing more than to snuggle up together. There has never been a cross word between them.

The girls are unspayed, so if someone did adopt them they would need to have them spayed themselves. Celia does not have a set fee, but instead asks for a donation, so the fact they are not spayed could be reflected in the donation offered. Please don't question me on the non-spaying issue as this is Celia's policy and not mine (I am just a volunteer)....thanks.
Poor girls - let's see what we can do :(
Honey61

Post by Honey61 »

This is so sad :( They are beautiful girls... I just can't understand why they are overlooked... It is truly heartbreaking :( :(
*Red*

Post by *Red* »

Oh no, that's awful!!!!! How can they have been there 3 years :( :( :( :(
Hopper Holidays

Re: Rescues - long termer thread

Post by Hopper Holidays »

No more long termers??????????????
Mam to Midnight, Alfie, Tilly, Buzz, Lady, Taye
Foster mam to Gus and Jack

www.hopperholidays.co.uk
Camp Nibble

Post by Camp Nibble »

These gorgeous lionhead crosses are Rebecca and Julie. They joined us nearly two years ago with three other family members after their owner died very suddenly, they are now 2.5 years old. Despite being such pretty, healthy bunnies who wouldn't hurt a fly they have been completely overlooked simply because they are so shy! There has always been another pair of bunnies who have sold themselves on the day!

They have been spending a few months at a lovely foster home being spoilt to at least give them a chance of experiencing a normal bunny home. However, of course we would love them to find their own real forever home before they get much older which would reduce their chances of a home even more.

They are not bunnies that would want to be bothered and cuddled all day. However, are very happy in each other's company and would be super pets for someone happy to appreciate them as bunnies and watch them play together.

All Camp Nibble bunnies are neutered and vaccinated.

Last edited by Camp Nibble on 03 Jan 2012 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
Helga

Post by Helga »

Such gorgeous buns on this thread. I wish I was allowed (and able) to adopt more buns, I really do.
Will send positive "new year, new home" vibes for all of the bunnies that come on to this thread.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

If I was closer I would so find a way to adopt those buns in rescue for 3 years. I can't believe that people can overlook such gorgeous buns.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Sherlock wrote:If I was closer I would so find a way to adopt those buns in rescue for 3 years. I can't believe that people can overlook such gorgeous buns.

I know it's such a shame, but some of the rescues do rehome Nationally, whereabouts are you :)

Welcome to the forum too :)