Bags of dried herbs for sale with donation to PaP

Foofy

Bags of dried herbs for sale with donation to PaP

Post by Foofy »

I am now ready to start selling my paper bags full of dried herbs. The herbs are suitable for bunnies and guinea pigs, although I don't personnally have any guinea pigs so have been unable to get a taste test from any GP's, my 3 bunnies have taste tested the dried herbs and they love them :)

The large paper bags will contain a mixture of the following:- coriander, sage, marjoram, basil, parsley, mint, oregano, lemon balm, dill, plantain, dandelion and lavender and later on will also include some thyme and rosemary. These herbs have all been grown by me from seed apart from the dandelion which grows in my garden. No pesticides or nasty chemicals have been used on them. The herbs are leaves and stalks from the above and are mostly largish pieces as I have found with small bits they end up as useless little bits and dust in the bottom of the bag.

The price per large paper bag of herbs is £2.00 - £0.50 from each bag sold will be donated to PaP
Price of P & P will be £2.20 per bag, which is for 2nd class packet, the paper bag of herbs will be sent in a plastic mailing sack, and I will fill the paper bag as full as I can to fit into the mailing sack, as dried herbs are very light :) Total price per bag is £4.20

Payment must be made to me, and then I will pass on the donation to PaP for each bag sold. Payment to be made by Paypal and gifted to enable me to pass on the donation. If you would like to buy a bag of herbs please can you send me a PM for the Paypal address and also include your name and address so I can send out the herbs to you as soon as possible.

Photo is of a bag full of dried herbs, a sample selection laying on the bag (you will receive more than this in the bag), the grey plastic mailing sack it will be sent in. The paper bags are 25cms wide and 35 cms long.

Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
yaretzi

Post by yaretzi »

How big are the bags?

I'd be worried about them getting crushed in the mail - Royal Mail aren't very gentle! Is there any way you could wrap cardboard around them to prevent them getting crushed?
Little Man

Re: Bags of dried herbs for sale with donation to PaP

Post by Little Man »

Great idea :D

Agree a picture of the bags would be good. ;;)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thanks for your replies I will take a photo of the dried herbs, bags and the mailing sacks at the weekend and then post it on here.

I don't think sending in the post will actually damage the dried herbs in any way to be honest, if I add cardboard to the packaging I think it would put the postage cost up too high :( The herbs will be in a large paper bag and then inside a plastic mailing sack.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Picture now added along with the size of the bags in the 1st post :)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Will also be listing these on Ebay to try and raise pennies for PaP :)
tiger_lily

Post by tiger_lily »

What is the weight of one of the bags full? What would be the postage for 2 or 3 bags?

Lots of handmade items for sale at http://craftywarren.weebly.com
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

tiger_lily wrote:What is the weight of one of the bags full? What would be the postage for 2 or 3 bags?
One bag of herbs weighs about 85gms. I reckon I could just about squeeze 2 bags of herbs in the large mailing sacks I have, and as the herbs are light it won't be over the weight for the cheapest 2nd class packet price of £2.20, so you should be able to have 2 large bags of herbs for a total of £6.20, therefore only paying 1 postage for 2 bags.

Unfortunately if you wanted more than 2 bags you would have to pay another postage price of £2.20, as although the herbs are very light the bags are quite bulky and too big to go as a large letter :(
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

A gentle 'bump' for an herby bargain :)
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

If these are still available I will try a bag for his lordship. I know he doesn't like some of the herbs in their fresh form, but he may well be seduced by them as 'crisps'. ;)
Spenser is pondering a new signature...