Christmas shoe box appeal

Foofy

Christmas shoe box appeal

Post by Foofy »

We are starting a Christmas shoe box appeal, in conjunction with our Amazon Christmas wish list. All items donated through either the shoe box appeal or the Amazon wish list appeal will be collected up and shared out amongst our rescues and sanctuaries, and the parcels will be sent out to them at the beginning of December this year so they can make use of the items at or before Christmas.

I have attached a photo of a small box of suitable items for our Rescues to receive. If you would like to have a look at the items on our Amazon wish list for some other ideas here is the link:- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/reg ... e=wishlist

If you would like to donate a few items for the shoe box appeal, they don't actually have to be sent in a shoe box, you can send them in a jiffy bag. Don't forget some of our Rescues have guinea pigs too and a few even have other small furry animals :) here are examples of some of the type of things you could send in toys, willow toys, throw toys, dried herbs, treats, your donation can also include general things that all our rescues use lots of i.e. rubber gloves, disposable gloves, cotton wool, cotton wool buds, bin bags, hibiscrub, Sudocrem, kitchen roll, Panacur, etc. If you aren't sure if an item would be suitable or not just post on this thread and ask us :)

Please note Royal Mail prices have gone up considerably this year the cheapest way to send a small parcel to us is by 2nd class small parcel which costs £2.60 but to send your parcel for this price it must weigh LESS than 1kg, the maximum length of the parcel is 45cm, maximum width is 35cm and maximum depth is ONLY 8cm
If your parcel is too big in dimensions to send for the £2.60 price the next cheapest way to send a parcel is online by Myhermes, with them you can send a much bigger sized parcel (bigger than a shoe box) and it can weigh upto 2KG for only £4.20 you can pay by Paypal or credit/debit card online and have the parcel collected from your house or you can drop it off at a nominated collection shop (such as OneStop).

To save on your postage costs how about sending some dried herbs, cotton wool, small bags of treats (rabbit or guineapig) in a jiffy bag? All donations however big or small will be very much welcomed by our Rescues and their animals :) Thank you

If anyone would like to send a donation please can you send me a PM for my address for your parcel. Thank you :)

Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
sdf76

Re: Christmas shoe box appeal

Post by sdf76 »

I would like to send 2 boxes of Russell Rabbit Crunchers with Carrot treats for the "shoe box " appeal-

They're on offer for only £1.55 a box at Pet Supermarket (http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk )at the moment and as they always give free deliveryno matter what the order amount, I won't even have to package them up.!! :)

Our rabbits love them and they're a great treat to get a bunny eating again after illness. There's lots in a box so thinking could be shared amongst rabbits at a rescue.

so please could you pm me your address Foofy?

sue :)
Last edited by sdf76 on 26 Sep 2013 22:09, edited 6 times in total.
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

sdf76 wrote:I would like to send 2 boxes of Russell Rabbit Crunchers with Carrot treats for the "shoe box " appeal-

They're on offer for only £1.55 a box at Pet Supermarket at the moment with free delivery so I won't even have to package them up.!! :)

Our rabbits love them and they're a great treat to get a bunny eating again after illness. There's lots in a box so thinking could be shared amongst rabbits at a rescue.

so please could you pm me your address Foofy?

Thank you so much Sue :) will you give my address as the delivery address to Pet Supermarket then, good idea :)
I agree about the Carrot Crunchers, all my rabbits love them, and I know Sue at Southampton Rabbit Rescue uses them as I've donated some to her before. As you say they can be a good way of getting a poorly bunny to start eating again and probably putting weight on sick or elderly buns too :)

Will PM you my address now - thank you :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Also you can get 5% off Pet-supermarket too :)

Re: Pledge a Pound Amazon Wish List
Postby kermit » 05 Jun 2013 12:33

Can I also add that adding discount code and5pet on any Pet supermarket ( http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk ) order gets 5% off :)

Just thought I would mention the discount code. :) Order now sent to you Foofy- they are quite quick delivery usually.
:)
Lots of other stuff suitable for the shoebox appeal at Pet-supermarket :) and Free delivery no matter what the amount of order. :) so saves on postage and packaging. :)

Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you for the 5% discount code for Pet Supermarket, a great way for people to donate to the shoe box appeal/wish list order from Pet Supermarket, with FREE delivery, get 5% DISCOUNT off your order, and have it sent direct to me for FREE, for me to collect up all items and send out to our rescues in December. No packaging up the items yourself or paying for it :D

If anyone would like to donate this way just send me a private message and ask for my address and I'll send it back to you for Pet Supermarket delivery Thank you :)
bunnybunny

Post by bunnybunny »

Lovely idea Foofy :D .
Two snuggle safes, purchased from Hunnybunny2007 (who I think is very clever with her sewing :x ) to be posted.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

bunnybunny wrote:Lovely idea Foofy :D .
Two snuggle safes, purchased from Hunnybunny2007 (who I think is very clever with her sewing :x ) to be posted.
Thank you Geri x
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

bunnybunny wrote:Lovely idea Foofy :D .
Thank you very much bunnybunny :)
fluffers

Post by fluffers »

Please can you pm me the address to send parcels to? :D
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

fluffers wrote:Please can you pm me the address to send parcels to? :D
Thank you Fluffers sent you my address :)