that's great will send a donation :D
Ceri

Re: Rabbit Retreat - Baby Bunny with broken leg fundraisier

Post by Ceri »

Fantastic idea - must get my payment sent! :D
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

These are great! I'll take one of each for now, but may well want more. Would you be able to post them at the start of the week as Spenser is having a young visitor on Friday and we would like them to be a present?
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

susie bun wrote:These are great! I'll take one of each for now, but may well want more. Would you be able to post them at the start of the week as Spenser is having a young visitor on Friday and we would like them to be a present?
No problem- have got a big pile to be posted out Monday, so I'll make sure Spenser's are included in that mail out :D
The Rabbit Retreat

Post by The Rabbit Retreat »

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around much but have been very busy with all the bunnies and this little one is certainly keeping us on our toes

Baby is a beautiful little bunny with such strength and determination, he certainly has willpower and is a fighter to go through all he has in his little short life, when I collected him last Tuesday I estimated his age to be 5-6 weeks and my vet agrees, he only weighed 250 grams and is so tiny, on Thursday we made the decison to do a partial amputation and the vet took his foot off because of the distress and pain he was in and because he was so tiny he couldn't have a GA, so this little man underwent surgery for an amputation with a drop of local and the gas mask wafted over his head, what a little star, we brought him home fearing the worst but within a couple of hours was eating, weeing, pooing and washing, he is continuing to recover and has to be kept on a soft surface at all times to try and protect his tiny little leg which is no bigger that a cotton bud, yesterday a lovely parcel arrived from Blackers bunnies, they had made him a fleece for his cage, I am so grateful and thank you Sara

We have had lots of support for this little man and I really appreciate it, thank you so much xxx

Please click on the video
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Lovely to see Baby doing so well :ymhug:
The Rabbit Retreat

Baby is still doing well although I am a bit disappointed that he hasn't put on any weight, he is bright and active and loves his cuddles, we are back to the vet on Friday for a check up on his leg but he is using it very well and not letting it affect him in any way

We still have a heck of a long way to go with our little boy but he is such a fighter that I pray he makes it through

Thank you for you support, we really appreciate it
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Glad he's still fighting bless him - he's been through so much in his short life already :(
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

He's probably so flippin' active now that it's hard to keep the weight on, bless him!
The Rabbit Retreat

Thought I would update you all about Baby, he is doing well and is developing a wonderful little personality, he has put on 30 grams, not as much as we would like but at least it's going in the right direction, this little man is such a fighter

Binky video

Thank you for all your support with this gorgeous little man