Halfpenny Farm Donkey Derby!

Blackberry

Halfpenny Farm Donkey Derby!

Post by Blackberry »

The bunnies are very excited! They are having a donkey derby to raise funds for the Halfpenny Farm Animal Sanctuary. The money they raise will help pay for the new Halfpenny Farm donkeys, Danny and Dillon, to be gelded. They’re not going to race real donkeys, but will be riding Hobby Donkeys (well, if you can have hobby horses there’s no reason why you can’t have hobby donkeys....) Please note: the guinea pigs have not been left out, but they found that their little short legs wouldn’t reach the ground, so they volunteered to keep the grass on the race track short instead....

Below are four pictures of bunny jockeys and their donkeys – all you humans have to do is pick a jockey (or two, or three....), print of the picture and colour him and his donkey in! You can choose from a lop eared bunny, an uppy eared bunny, a helicopter eared bunny, and a nethie (if you have an odd sort of bunny please feel free to make amendments to the pictures....)

It costs £2.50 per entry, or 3 for £6.00. (50 pence from each entry will be towards postage costs, everything else will be for Halfpenny Farm).

When you have finished colouring in, photograph or scan your entry, and add it to this thread. After the closing date we will have the race! The winner will receive a magnificent trophy!!! (picture to follow) All entrants will receive a small prize for taking part, which will be allocated by lucky draw.

The lucky draw prizes are:
Handcrafted felt brooches of various animals (horse and donkey examples pictured)
Other animals will include bunnies, guinea pigs, pigs, etc. Some will be realistic colours, some will be fantasy colours-but each one will be unique!

Closing date for entries: 14th August 2012.

£2.50 per entry, 3 for £6.00
Payments gifted please to: sara@thornton7559.freeserve.co.uk (Halfpenny Farm doesn’t have a Paypal account, so I will collect the money and forward a cheque to Louise). If you prefer to send a cheque it can be sent direct to Halfpenny Farm.
For Paypal payments please title your payment ’Donkey Derby Picture’ and add your user name, and your name and address.

‘Thank you’ to Honey61 for making the backgrounds of the pictures white so that they can be printed off and coloured in easily.

Paid:

HurricanHoney £2.50 (1)
Susiebun £18.00 (9)
mini lop1

Re: Halfpenny Farm Donkey Derby!

Post by mini lop1 »

sounds fun glad the deadline is quite abit away gives me chance ask my dad when he bacl from hols to print me a pcture off to colour :)
Halfpenny

Post by Halfpenny »

Thank you for this. :D It will be a great help towards sorting these boys out so they can live a better and more settled life.

By the time we have wormed, vaccinated and gelded the boy it vet bill will be in excess on £500.
They cannot be gelded before September/ October now because of flies in the wounds and then the risk of infection, so we are saving madly to pay for this on top of out regular £1000 vet bills.

I've just taken pictures of the boy in the paddock, so I'll get them uploaded ( once I find the cable for the computer!)
hurricanhoney

Post by hurricanhoney »

I will have a go at the weekend. :)
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Looking forward to seeing the entries :)
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Goodie, I didn't spot this before. I will definitely enter as love an excuse to colour in!
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

susie bun wrote:Goodie, I didn't spot this before. I will definitely enter as love an excuse to colour in!
I thought it might appeal to you :))
Apache

Post by Apache »

Fab - will def enter, as this combines both my love of horses and bunnies :-)
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Apache wrote:Fab - will def enter, as this combines both my love of horses and bunnies :-)
Brilliant :D
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

I haven't forgotten about this. Can I buy entries for some young friends (as well as myself!)?
Spenser is pondering a new signature...