Please send in pledges DAISY's climb of Mount Kilimanjaro

Loog

Re: Please pledge DAISY's climb of Mount Kilimanjaro Feb 201

Post by Loog »

susie bun wrote:Will Daisy have the privilege of doing homage to The Emperor Bouncer :x ^:)^ :-bd :-bd before setting out on her African travels?
She will when she arrives.... He was sad when she left before, it was like losing his girlfriend =((

Pictures and story board to come soon
RIP little Buttons, taken long before your time was due, always in our hearts and never forgotten :(

RIP Bouncer the great, you brought so much joy to our family and kept us hoomans 'in check' :(
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Thank you for your pledges Foofy and jodiecoxap :)

Daisy's pledges now stand at £172. :) (...just £3 short of the next target amount of £175.).. I do hope she can make it to £200? :-?
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Loog

Post by Loog »

Well daisy has now arrived and is starting to get her kit ready for travel. Sue has made a wonderful flag and summit coat for her thank you... at -25 she'll need this #:-s . She will be proudly flying the PAP flag from the ceiling of Africa a week tomorrow as long as all goes well with the hoomans :ympray:

Great news on the fund raising, lets hope we can get to the £200 target.

RIP little Buttons, taken long before your time was due, always in our hearts and never forgotten :(

RIP Bouncer the great, you brought so much joy to our family and kept us hoomans 'in check' :(
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Of all the kit, I was surprised to see toilet rolls- but of course. :) .. an essential... just not what you envisage when you think of climbing a mountain. ;)
Have you got to carry that pile of stuff yourself?
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Wow, what a lot of things to take, I guess you don't realise what essentials you will need ;)

I hope all goes well for you all and wish you a safe journey x
kermit

Post by kermit »

I agree, what a huge amount of things to take!
Hope all goes well :)
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Gosh, what a lot of stuff! What about noms?
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Loog

Post by Loog »

sdf76 wrote:Of all the kit, I was surprised to see toilet rolls- but of course. :) .. an essential... just not what you envisage when you think of climbing a mountain. ;)
Have you got to carry that pile of stuff yourself?
We have toilets that travel with us Sue, but these go ahead and are set up at the camp. If you get caught short there are few places to hide :-s

We have to carry personal kit ourselves including 2-3L of water, snacks and clothes, the rest are carried by porters that are hired for the journey. We're all reasonbably fit but not that fit we could carry all this kit ourselves.

Well we're all packed now, humans ready and off to the airport tomorrow evening, Daisy has taken to riding shotgun !

susie bun wrote:Gosh, what a lot of stuff! What about noms?
Daisy has packed her pack, she has a dollar for good luck and a selection of fenugreek

She also has her summit jacket for the top

Well this is the last you'll hear from us now until we get back from Africa. We'll do our best and try and get to the top.... as long as its safe for us to do so.

See you all in a couple of weeks :-bd

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Good Luck Loog! :) Good Luck Daisy! :)
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Good luck Daisy and friends. Spenser will be pleased to know that you have fenugreek crunchies on board.
Spenser is pondering a new signature...