Please send in pledges DAISY's climb of Mount Kilimanjaro

Apache

Re: Please pledge DAISY's climb of Mount Kilimanjaro Feb 201

Post by Apache »

Well done Daisy :-)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Thank you to everyone who has supported Daisy's sponsored climb of Kilimanjaro. :)
We will still accept donations to boost Daisy's total until she comes back from Africa.
If you've not already supported Daisy, any donation is welcome as all money goes to Pledge a Pound.................................................... :-? (just £1 each from 25 people would boost Daisy's total up to £250 :-? ).
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Apache

Post by Apache »

Do we send our money now? thanks
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Apache wrote:Do we send our money now? thanks
We won't be asking for any sponsorship money until after Daisy has returned from Africa, but you can send it now if you wish. :)
Thank you for your support. :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Daisy is now back from Africa and we should get a report on her climb soon. :)
Thank you so much to everyone who sponsored Daisy raising a super £225 :) :-bd

Well Done Daisy & Loog! :ymapplause: :-bd :ymparty:

Please send sponsorship money now to Pledge a pound in the usual way. :)
Apache

Re: Please send in pledges DAISY's climb of Mount Kilimanjar

Post by Apache »

Well done Loog & Daisy!

Money sent :-)
Loog

Post by Loog »

Hi Folks,

I’m back after a wonderful trip with my Hosts Lee and Holly. We’ve had such a wonderful time over in Africa. Although we got to see lots of other animals and met some wonderful people we never saw another bunny :(.

Our trip started at 03:00 from Birmingham airport, luckily we stayed over in a hotel to avoid travelling ALL night.

We arrived in Tanzania late in the evening and went straight to bed, next day the adventure started …… off to the Marchame gate to begin the big trek

We walked through the rain forest and arrived at our first camp at 3000M. Some of the team were feeling the effects of the altitude at this point but I was remarkably ok

After leaving the rain forest we walked on to Shira camp, during this day we had rain, snow, hale and was the worst day so far. When we got into the camp at 3840M. The weather cleared and for the first time we saw a glimpse of the mountain top....I was thinking it was a bit high for little me....

This has been a particually hard day so we all had an early night…… tomorrow was the lava tower. My host made a little space in the sleeping bag for me so my paws stayed nice and cosy!

We started walking with ice on the ground, still very cold from the night before - my ears were feeling a bit floppy. After 5 hours we had made it to the lava tower at 4600M and most of us were feeling the effects of high altitude. Luckily we were due to descend for the evening rest at Baranco

Arriving back at camp was a welcoming rest, we’d walked through arrow glacier and finally rest at 3940M

Today we had to face the Barranco wall, some 500M plus of near vertical assent, all hand scrambling…not sure how my paws were going to cope with it and I did have to hitch a ride in my host's backpack for a little bit of the way.

Once completed we had some lunch at Karanga Huts and then moved onto Barafu for the final sleep and summit night.....BIG walk tonight.....come Daisy, you can do it!

When we arrived the it was late in the day, we got to camp at 18:00 but had to be out again a matter of 4 hours, my poor host had very little rest.

After setting out at 23:00 to climb to the summit, we walked through the night in temperatures below -10 and with wind chill at around – 25 it was warmer in your freezer at home ! We finally made Stella point at around 07:00 at 5756M, shattered but exhilarated to have achieved it. I wasn't sure I could carry on. My paws were frozen and I thought my tail might drop off!

A further push on saw us at the highest point in Africa at 5895M at around 08:30. Thanks our guide Clements who had pushed us both to make this possible. I made it!! Clements had to hold me down to stop me being blown away while I had my photo taken!

Our adventure has been a wonderful trip of a lifetime and we would like to thank you all for sponsoring us for PAP.
sdf76 wrote:Thank you to everyone who has supported Daisy's sponsored climb of Kilimanjaro. :)
We will still accept donations to boost Daisy's total until she comes back from Africa.
If you've not already supported Daisy, any donation is welcome as all money goes to Pledge a Pound.................................................... :-? (just £1 each from 25 people would boost Daisy's total up to £250 :-? ).
We've collected a further £20 along the way so its nearly there now ;)
RIP little Buttons, taken long before your time was due, always in our hearts and never forgotten :(

RIP Bouncer the great, you brought so much joy to our family and kept us hoomans 'in check' :(
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Wow what super photos Daisy & Lee :D :D Well done to both of you for that very long climb :D :D

I will post them onto Daisys Facebook page as soon as I can
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Apache

Post by Apache »

Wow! Well done Loog & Daisy!

that's amazing :-)

You must be glad to get home and relax :-)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Well done Daisy and Lee! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Fantastic photos and a fantastic acheivement! :) Daisy looks quite forlorn in pic 6 where she's huddling in the bag- she really does look frozen with her floppyears and her hat skew-whiff! I'm sure both of you were pretty frozen!! Brrr!! Super pics from the summit :) - (please send a special thankyou to guide Clements who stopped Daisy being blown off the top :) )

Thank you so much for taking Daisy on the sponsored Kilimanjaro climb. :) Amazing! :)

so total standing at £245 at present.. :)