Foofy

Re: Summer Pledge a Pound - May/June

Post by Foofy »

Wow the babies are so cute Camp Nibble :x :x
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Brinsley bunnies

Post by Brinsley bunnies »

Big, big thanks to Pledge a Pound. Really amazing amount for all the rescues. Taken in 2 females this week that need spaying and Smokey has had to have some wobbly incisors out so a massive help towards bunny vet bills.
Million bunny kisses.
Beth
x
Antigone

Post by Antigone »

Thank you very much on behalf of Celia from Kirkby Pet Welfare. :x :x :x
The money will be used towards the rescue's vet bills.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Thank you to all the rescues who have posted. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Becky

Post by Becky »

I just wanted to say thank you on behalf of Walsall RSPCA. We received our cheque in the post this weekend. The donation has come at a good time, we have 8 bunnies booked in to be neutered this Wednesday. Thank you so much to everyone who donated, and also to the PAP team for their continued hard work xx
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I had this email off Alice of Windwhistle Warren, telling me about some of the bunnies that Pledge a pound's payments have helped :) Alby has since been rehomed with Sprite :) .

Last April Windwhistle Warren took in 14 rabbits from a very sad situation in Neath. Lovely bunny people we know made several trips to collect and bring the bunnies here to safety.
There were 2 does who were having litter after litter. And, the place was plagued by wild rats. The poor babies were being bitten by the rats and suffering terrible injuries.
2 of the babies (Alby below) had to have legs amputated by the age of 6 weeks old. They had horrific abscesses, luckily, only in one leg each.
These two babies I could not save. Wenna had been bitten through the jaw and her brother had 3 legs affected by bites.

Another baby, Grayson, lost a pair of his incisors at 6 weeks old, due no doubt to malnutrition. So, he had to have the other pair removed. He is the 'grey coloured' bunny below, pictured with his brother, Neath.
Santi, black bunny above, has a club foot. It is very likely he will suffer with arthritis and problems later in life

Santi and Minty above, now neutered.

The mums, big bunnies, Loretta and Tara. Stunning girls, desperately in need of a special home.
So, this is how we spend the money so gratefully received from Pledge a Pound. I have not totted up the vet bills for these, but, I know £1,500 has been spent at Woods for special care for the particularly vulnerable from this group.

But, we know the situation at Neath is over. Only a small pocket of suffering in an overwhelming problem of rabbits needing our help.

My sincere apologies for not posting. I usually have 80 rabbits here and up to 60 guinea pigs. I appreciate the patience and understanding of people who understand I just do not have the time to manage PR. And, I hope you will approve of the way we use the money.

Best wishes, Alice, Windwhistle Warren
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny