Antigone

Re: Pledge a Pound March 2014

Post by Antigone »

Congratulations to the winners! :ymapplause:
Southampton Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

I'm posting a response to the earlier message from honeybunny

Whilst we would all love to have time to sit on the computer posting messages and updating groups all day, sadly some rescues are run by managed by one person. That person is responsible for dealing with all the new arrivals, visits, cleaning ,medicating, vet visits, sick buns, paperwork, phone calls, email enquiries, education and maintenance. Some also have to work full time!!

We all greatly appreciate the support we are given and shown. Not commenting on the forum or having discussions is not due to lack of interest but more so down to time. I'm sure i speak for the other rescues when I say we are all very grateful for the work and support you give us and the kindness shown.
Antigone

Post by Antigone »

Southampton Rescue wrote:I'm posting a response to the earlier message from honeybunny

Whilst we would all love to have time to sit on the computer posting messages and updating groups all day, sadly some rescues are run by managed by one person. That person is responsible for dealing with all the new arrivals, visits, cleaning ,medicating, vet visits, sick buns, paperwork, phone calls, email enquiries, education and maintenance. Some also have to work full time!!

We all greatly appreciate the support we are given and shown. Not commenting on the forum or having discussions is not due to lack of interest but more so down to time. I'm sure i speak for the other rescues when I say we are all very grateful for the work and support you give us and the kindness shown.
^^^This! :-bd
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

I do not need to be told how some rescues are run by one person..! Still stand by my comment
Tree

Post by Tree »

Thank you so much on behalf of Underhill, we have a neuter and two new bunnies coming in on Tuesday so this will help massively toward a the vets bills. Thank you xxxxx
Tree

Post by Tree »

Southampton Rescue wrote:I'm posting a response to the earlier message from honeybunny

This also, thank you very much for the help. :)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Only 2 rescues who haven't claimed their donation from last month.

Just to clarify -We have now asked that the winning rescues each month contact us within 7 days of the draw, otherwise the money will go back into the fund, we feel that this is fair as it is part of the criteria of being in Pledge a Pound to be an active member of this forum, I always place a link on our FB page after the draw and it only takes a second to follow that link to see if you have won and put a post on the thread to acknowledge this.

We know the rescues are very busy and some have little support and help, which is one of the reasons Pledge a Pound was founded, but we also need your support in return, even if it's only to say thank you so our supporters know that you've received your donation :)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Bunny Burrows have emailed me direct - they have a volunteer that will be posting on their behalf :)
elaine

Post by elaine »

Tameside is very grateful for the donation and hasn't been on the forum very much due to a lot of issues at the rescue and a lack of time. and having problems logging in, We are very grateful to the money being donated. Hopefully now the problems at the rescue are resolved we will be a lot more active
As well as doing the rescue I also do the rspca cats which is quite time consuming
Apache

Post by Apache »

Hunnybunny2007 wrote:Only 2 rescues who haven't claimed their donation from last month.

Just to clarify -We have now asked that the winning rescues each month contact us within 7 days of the draw, otherwise the money will go back into the fund, we feel that this is fair as it is part of the criteria of being in Pledge a Pound to be an active member of this forum, I always place a link on our FB page after the draw and it only takes a second to follow that link to see if you have won and put a post on the thread to acknowledge this.

We know the rescues are very busy and some have little support and help, which is one of the reasons Pledge a Pound was founded, but we also need your support in return, even if it's only to say thank you so our supporters know that you've received your donation :)
I wanted to add that I think this is a really good idea :-)