Pledge a Pound February 2014

honeybunny

Re: Pledge a Pound February 2014

Post by honeybunny »

Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

honeybunny wrote:Thank you so much..love watching the videos of the draw and was so excited to see us this month :)

The money will go towards treatment for 4 rabbits we took in two days ago. I will post a thread about them later today. They were kept in awful conditions and the male, now named Carter, has a very sore eye which may be due to dental problems, he is going to be neutered and have his eye and teeth sorted on Friday so that is where it will be spent..thank you once again xx
I'm glad that it's going to help towards your 4 new intakes - The money has been paid to your vets :)
fairlybeloved

Post by fairlybeloved »

This is super news, and thank you so much to everyone that helps out.

We'd gladly accept our share this month ;-). We have recently helped Half-Penny Farm Sanctuary with a rescue case and brought in 6 rabbits from them last week. In addition, a couple of days prior to this, we took in an unwanted litter of 6 and their mother who has now delivered a second litter here. We vaccinate & neuter all rabbits, and even when babies are adopted we issue a neutering voucher to ensure they are neutered when old enough so our recent intakes will cost us a lot of money. The contribution from Pledge a Pound supporters really is very much appreciated!!
David Bell

Director & Charity Trustee @
Beloved Rabbits
Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation, SC049128
https://www.belovedrabbits.org
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Pleased to hear how Pledge a Pound February Draw has helped the 12 new intakes to your rescue, Fairly Beloved :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Becky

Post by Becky »

Thank you so much on behalf of Walsall RSPCA. We are working round the clock at the moment and are extremely busy :( We took in 3 rabbits yesterday, a male and 2 females who we were asked to help who had been living in a tiny hutch in a garden and used for breeding. Both of the females are heavily pregnant :( These 3 rabbits will no doubt end up as near on 20 rabbits! Apparently these rabbits are 'good' as their litters have been of 7/8/9 previously :( The little boy is due to be neutered next week, so this will help cover his neuter and vaccination, and there will be money left over to go towards one of the female spays too :x

I know we don't post often, but we really do appreciate the hard work you guys do - you really are amazing. Nose rubs for the beautiful Dodger for picking us this month :x xx
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Becky wrote:Thank you so much on behalf of Walsall RSPCA. We are working round the clock at the moment and are extremely busy :( We took in 3 rabbits yesterday, a male and 2 females who we were asked to help who had been living in a tiny hutch in a garden and used for breeding. Both of the females are heavily pregnant :( These 3 rabbits will no doubt end up as near on 20 rabbits! Apparently these rabbits are 'good' as their litters have been of 7/8/9 previously :( The little boy is due to be neutered next week, so this will help cover his neuter and vaccination, and there will be money left over to go towards one of the female spays too :x

I know we don't post often, but we really do appreciate the hard work you guys do - you really are amazing. Nose rubs for the beautiful Dodger for picking us this month :x xx
Poor bunnies to be used as a breeding machine :( I'm glad that the money from PaP will be helping these poor creatures and their babies - fingers and paws crossed that their last litters are small ones :(
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

fairlybeloved wrote:This is super news, and thank you so much to everyone that helps out.

We'd gladly accept our share this month ;-). We have recently helped Half-Penny Farm Sanctuary with a rescue case and brought in 6 rabbits from them last week. In addition, a couple of days prior to this, we took in an unwanted litter of 6 and their mother who has now delivered a second litter here. We vaccinate & neuter all rabbits, and even when babies are adopted we issue a neutering voucher to ensure they are neutered when old enough so our recent intakes will cost us a lot of money. The contribution from Pledge a Pound supporters really is very much appreciated!!
It's so sad that there are so many rabbits being handed in pregnant, owners are so irresponsible :(

At least they are now going to get a chance of finding a loving home and I'm so pleased that Pledge a Pound has been able to help them on their journey - can you please check your bank account to confirm the money has arrived safely :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Pleased to hear how the monthly draw has helped RSPCA Walsall. :) ( I hope the pregnant bunnies do not have as many kittens as you fear :( .)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
bunnymadlisa

Post by bunnymadlisa »

well done on another great month! On behalf of the Ark we would like to say we are very fortunate to be part of such an incredible fundraiser! :ymapplause:
Please visit my online shop selling bunny themed gifts, cards and Bunny Mad magazine! http://www.bunnycreations.co.uk
chloaster

Post by chloaster »

Thank you so much from all of us at Fat Fluffs and so sorry for the late response - work has had me away for a while so an amazing blessing to come home to. With the warmer weather recently we have been trying to protect our bunnies from the unusal amount of flies and other creepies that have arrived early so we have put the fundraising towards the nets, fly stickies and bunny bottom protection that is needed. Thank you again!