Gulliver's Travels 2013 thread!

Foofy

Re: Gulliver's Travels 2013 thread!

Post by Foofy »

What lovely photos Gulliver and good for people like me to see the 9/11 memorial ones as it doesn't look the same on the TV, I think the photos are more personal and you can actually get more of an idea of what it's like, very sad :( Thank you Orange for all the photos :)

Not sure where Gulliver is going next? I've asked to book him in September next year to come to California for 3 weeks with us, I don't think he's been to California yet has he?
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Mr G is very quiet, what are you up to?
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Just catching up with the last few New York photos. What an interesting time you had, Gulliver. Look forward to hearing more from you soon.
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Hello everyone :D

I am back with Sara in Sunny Dorset, and taking personal control of my diary, as Sara is so inefficient!

The first thing she said to me when I got back was 'you need a bath!' :-o Ok, so I still have a little beach, Glastonbury, flower show etc dust on me.....doesn't mean I need a bath!!! So I have kept busy this week and out of her clutches :D

First I did a little painting:

Then I explored the vegetable garden:

This on one of the apple pips Sara planted last year - yummy!

Ooh, hawthorn saplings too!

And runner bean leaves - lots of yummy!

I popped into the greenhouse to get some tools to do a little gardening.

I was going to do some work in the garden centre....

...but all those naked ladies quite embarrassed me :ymblushing:

So I hoed the Clover Patch instead

...and looked after the roses...

....and nibbled a few plants to keep my strength up....

Here I am with all my gardening tools.

Then I went an met up with Binky and Kizzy and Maisie, and their little French cousin, Pierre.

I also visited Ziggy, but he wasn't that keen to come and say hello.

And between all that hard work, I spent a lot of time on the computer......I was meant to be updating this thread, but I ended up.....

....a little bit addicted to Candy Crush Saga!

susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Hello Gulliver, good to see you back at base camp. It looks like you will be well fed with garden noms. Was this your first meeting with Ziggy? Perhaps he will be more confident and talk to you next time.
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Orange

Post by Orange »

Lovely photos of Gulliver. Did he manage to avoid having a bath all day? :)) The runner beans look fantastic, much further on than mine. :) And it is always good to see Gulliver can waste time on the computer just like the rest of us :D
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Fabulous photos Blackberry :)
. love the one with him sniffing the pink rose :)
and the ones of him hoeing the clover patch and with his gardening tools- all the right size!! :)

His embarrassed expression :ymblushing: in the photo of him with the naked ladies is priceless!! =))

and I know what you mean with Candy crush saga- though I thought Mr G may have got far enough to get to the jelly bunny level? :) ;)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Looks like you had a lot of catching up to do :) Don't get too dirty in the garden, otherwise Sara will have to bath you :-o

Sara, the roses are gorgeous :)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Wow great photos Gulliver :) I love the roses :) How did you resist the hawthorn and apple saplings Gulliver?

Sara how did you grow the hawthorn saplings? I would like to try and have a go if it's not too difficult
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Foofy wrote:Wow great photos Gulliver :) I love the roses :) How did you resist the hawthorn and apple saplings Gulliver?

Sara how did you grow the hawthorn saplings? I would like to try and have a go if it's not too difficult
Well, for the past couple of years I have saved some ripe berries and put them in pots of earth and hoped they would come up in the spring.....but they never did! But this spring we were foraging around early June where there are some nice big hawthorn bushes, and mum spotted some tiny weeny saplings growing through the grass! They were hidden under the bushes, and usually any saplings get eaten by the wildies around there, but these were literally 2 tiny leaves on each one, so we dug them up :ymblushing: and bought them home, and put them in the pots with some rough soil as compost is too rich, and for weeks and weeks they did nothing, and this last couple of weeks they have suddenly decided to grow :D

And now that they are growing, we went to Wyevale garden centre the other day, and found hawthorn trees for sale :)) And only £6.00 each! So we bought 2 :D

But of you look on ebay you can actually buy hawthorn saplings, as they sell them as hedging plants :)