'Gulliver's Travels' - PaP travelling bunny fund raiser!

Blackberry

'Gulliver's Travels' - PaP travelling bunny fund raiser!

Post by Blackberry »

Meet Gulliver:

Gulliver is a bunny who likes to travel.

He'd like to visit lots of Pledge a Pound supporters over the summer, and have his photo taken in lots and lots of places!

If you would like to look after Gulliver for a few days please add your name to this thread, and we will work through everybody in order.

It will cost you £1.00 to have Gulliver stay with you (maximum of 1 weeks stay with each person). Please take at least one 'holiday snap' of Gulliver, and post it on this thread. You then have to post Gulliver onto the next person on this thread (just PM them for their address). Everyone who has looked after Gulliver by 31st August 2012 will be entered into a lucky draw for a small prize. The £1.00 goes towards the next PaP share out. If more people want to meet Gulliver after 31st August we will let him carry on travelling and raising funds towards the Christmas share out.

Rules:
It costs £1.00 to have Gulliver to stay with you (please send 'gifted' to usual PaP address) which will go into the summer PaP share out.
Please post on this thread if you would like to take part.
Gulliver will stay for a maximum of one week with each host.
The host pays for the postage and packing to send Gulliver to his next host.
Please make sure there is a return address on the packaging and you get a proof of postage.
All hosts will be entered into a free draw for a small prize.
Please post regular updates from Gulliver on this thread, including letting us know that he has arrived safely, and when he has been posted on.
Hosts must be regular forum posters.
Gulliver is only allowed out of the country if accompanied both ways, and not via postal services.

Now, who'd like to meet the little fella first?

ETA:

Right, I have finally found where I put Gulliver's travel dates, and added the latest requests on.

He's going to SDF76 first, as that was the first request and he is booked to run a marathon.....it means that sadly he can't do the flower show, but I'm sure he have so many fun times that he won't be too upset at missing out on nomming all those posh plants....

I've allowed a weeks stay with each person, plus a week between stays for travelling.

He'll be travelling in a small box, with his passport - if that can be wrapped in brown paper, or put in a large envelope, he can keep the same box for all of his travels between PaP members (he wants to go first class when he's on a plane ;) )

I have kep things roughly in order of when he has been requested, apart from when specific dates have been asked for. Holidayhutch - you're down for August as I imagine you will be crammed full of boarders for him to meet then. Susiebun, I've put you a bit earlier on the list as he's hoping to meet some Brownies before they break up. Foofy -I wasn't sure on your exact dates for Sept/Oct - let us know if they need jiggling a bit.

So far the dates he is booked for are:

Orange- end of May

To arrive at Kermit's by 8th June

To arrive at SDF76's by 22nd June

To arrive at Susiebun's by 6th July

To arrive at RNGPWelfare's by 20th July (for open day)

To arrive at Honey61's by 3rd August

To arrive at Holidayhutch's by 17th August

To arrive at Bouddica's by 31st August

To arrive at Foofy's by 14th September

To arrive at BunnymadLisa's by 19th October

To arrive at Blackberry's by 9th November

To arrive at Fluffers by 23rd November

To arrive at Helga's by 7th December

To arrive at Lou Lou's by 7th January

To arrive at Effie's World by 14th January

To arrive at SDF76's by 28th January

I'll add this list to post 1, and add any extra dates on as required.

It doesn't matter if Gulliver arrives early at his next destination, but please,please make sure her arrives by the stated date, especially as he will be going on trips with some people :)
holidayhutch

Re: 'Gulliver's Travels' - PaP travelling bunny fund raiser!

Post by holidayhutch »

Ooooooooo me please he can come and stay with all our holiday boarders during the summer. Will paypal now.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

holidayhutch wrote:Ooooooooo me please he can come and stay with all our holiday boarders during the summer. Will paypal now.
Great idea Sara, and thank you Lynne can't wait to see photos :)
kermit

Post by kermit »

Loving the idea :)

He can come meet my Herbie & Inca.

ETA: I could do a version of this on RU too. I have a mini bunny that would be a large letter cost to post. Call it Mini-Gullivers Travels, what ya think?
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

kermit wrote:Loving the idea :)

ETA: I could do a version of this on RU too. I have a mini bunny that would be a large letter cost to post. Call it Mini-Gullivers Travels, what ya think?
Sounds good, but perhaps we could get this running for a while first - we're trying to encourage more people to post on here, and if they can do it elsewhere this one will probably grind to a halt. Perhaps the mini-Gulliver could start his travels in the autumn?
kermit

Post by kermit »

Blackberry wrote:
kermit wrote:Loving the idea :)

Sounds good, but perhaps we could get this running for a while first - we're trying to encourage more people to post on here, and if they can do it elsewhere this one will probably grind to a halt. Perhaps the mini-Gulliver could start his travels in the autumn?
Yip.....sounds fine with me. :D
Orange

Post by Orange »

He can come and stay with me in the Big Smoke. Or if I'm on my usual travels I can take a photo of him Stateside :)
kermit

Post by kermit »

Orange wrote:He can come and stay with me in the Big Smoke. Or if I'm on my usual travels I can take a photo of him Stateside :)
Wowzers, far travelled bunster if he gets to the US!
rngpwelfare

Post by rngpwelfare »

Could he come to me the last week in July for our Family Fun Day :) please
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

rngpwelfare wrote:Could he come to me the last week in July for our Family Fun Day :) please
I'm sure we can arrange that :D