Guinea Pig toy ideas

Popcorn corner, stories and chat about guinea pigs
Debster

Guinea Pig toy ideas

Post by Debster »

Hello :-h

As the title says really - I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas for homemade toys I can make for piggies. Are things like cardboard tubes stuffed with hay suitable for them?
poppymoon

Re: Guinea Pig toy ideas

Post by poppymoon »

i make those for my piggies but tbh, they don't really bother with them - too much effort to get the treats out i suppose. i'll be watching this thread for ideas too as i feel my piggies don't have enough stimulation at all whilst indoors :(
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Rose & Martha love their tunnels. They like sticks to chew, and food sticks that hang from the side of the hutch to chew on.....but toys are completely ignored. So far as the girls are concerned all that counts is food, water and sleep :))
janice

Post by janice »

Would work on the idea of tubes and hidey holes for piggies. Not really found any piggies who like toys. Being inventive with hiding food gives some fun for piggies.
Debster

Post by Debster »

This is what I was thinking and you've all just confirmed it! :D

I'm making some toys and treats for my friends rescue buns but she has more guineapigs so I need to do something for them too. Will work on the idea of food treats then. I know they all have hidey holes :-bd
Rabswood

Post by Rabswood »

Mine like cardboard rolls with hay sticking out. They eat the hay right up to the tube. They like to chew fruit sticks and willow sticks too.
Mummy to the Rabsville Bunnies

Pledge a Pound Jewellery10% Pot Total £4.00
Donated via paypal 8/11/13

Oxo Rabswood a little fighter!