Rose & Martha & the cold weather

Popcorn corner, stories and chat about guinea pigs
Blackberry

Rose & Martha & the cold weather

Post by Blackberry »

This is their first year in the garage - they have a bigger house now, as they used to live in the kitchen, but with a smaller house as there was limited space. The hutch is well padded for protection against the cold, and they have a clear plastic cover over the mesh door (with a little space for air flow).

Last night I pile the bedroom from floor to ceiling with hay.....this morning he bedroom hay hay only halfway up, and 2 fat, smug looking piggies were lying in their little hays nests and looking very contented!

When I clean them out I am always amazed at how warm the hay is from their body heat - they burrow holes into it, and get so warm an cosy - I'd rather like to snuggle in with them myself :x :x :x
Honey61

Re: Rose & Martha & the cold weather

Post by Honey61 »

I think I should like to move in with your piggies ;) ..... It's flipping tit-r-taters here....brrrrr
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

I'm hoping to get a snugglesafe for them for if it gets freezing again, but I'm reassured that they can keep each other warm in the meantime :)
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

snuggly pigglies :x
webble

Post by webble »

Stripe does that she lies completely flat out in her little nest and just looks at me as if to say if you want to feed me you will have to put the food next to me 8-|
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

They sound so snuggly and safe.

Lovely. :ymhug: :ymhug:
Rabswood

Post by Rabswood »

My two, Oscar and CousCous are in the spare room for the winter, but they only have a small cage but it's better for them than being outside. I don't use my garage for the car so maybe next winter if I get it cleared this summer I could house them in there in a hutch?
Mummy to the Rabsville Bunnies

Pledge a Pound Jewellery10% Pot Total £4.00
Donated via paypal 8/11/13

Oxo Rabswood a little fighter!
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Rabswood wrote:My two, Oscar and CousCous are in the spare room for the winter, but they only have a small cage but it's better for them than being outside. I don't use my garage for the car so maybe next winter if I get it cleared this summer I could house them in there in a hutch?
We've never used our garage for cars :))

Rose & Martha are loving having the top floor of Lady's old hutch. Cleaning out time is great fun - I start at one end of the hutch and they run to the other end and hide in the box bedroom. Then when I've finished the first end I put the log tunnels back, and then I have to try and persuade the girls to come out of the bedroom so I can clean that end, and in the end the scuttle out through the tunnels and dive into the fresh hay pile :x

Then, when everything is clean Martha starts wheeking from the safety of the hay pile, and Rose comes out and peeks up at me to enquire where lunch is :x