Dora's Wonderland Guinea Pig Rescue

Popcorn corner, stories and chat about guinea pigs
Doraswonderland

Dora's Wonderland Guinea Pig Rescue

Post by Doraswonderland »

Hello All

I'm new to this site so please bare with me!

Myself and partner have been running a no profit, rescue for abandoned, neglected and unwanted guinea pigs for 3 year's, and we are called Dora's Wonderland Guinea Pig Rescue. You can search for us and all up to date information on our Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/Doras-Wonderland ... 132770445/

3 weeks ago, we took in 19 guinea pigs after a lady who's situation sadly got out of control, suddenly passed away. There were over 160 guinea pigs at this property, and unfortunately all of them in one way or another were poorly, we agreed to take 9 as we had made the room, and after we saw the condition of them, we agreed to take more, this plunged our funds well into the minus, we are full to the brim, fosterers locally ran out (they all adopted #failedfosterers) and vet trips for 5 of them are still ongoing. I can't share all the stories on here as I'd be writing forever, but the story of Baylee, Gwen, Grandma and Tinkerbell spurred us onto organise our first ever fundraiser! See poster attached. We urgently need help and we are hoping to spread the word of our rescue, find some loving homes and raise much needed funds. See also attached a photo of Grandma, she's an old girl she has severe hair loss, and two legs broken from an old injury that she's now learnt to live with. She's riddled with lumps and bumps and has mites. The vet says she has been this way so long she's learnt to live with it all. She's a little fighter. She's happy and got so much brighter since being with us. She's eating, drinking, she's a normal little piggy with a few problems that's all, she's adorable and appears to be in no pain.

Tinkerbell was dumped in a box with just a note which read 'sorry'. She was a mess, and we are nursing her back to health but it's a very slow process and will take considerable time to get her right. She's at the vets weekly, and we monitor her closely every day. She has a very severe case of mites, not fungal, not ringworm, just the result of mites since young never ever treated, she was all bone, had no weight on her, extremely hungry and emaciated, scared of everything. Her hair is coming back slowly, her skin has improved, she likes attention, but her skin irritation causes her to fit, which we are managing with vet advice.

As you can see the fundraiser is hugely necessary!

Hope to hear from you, and maybe we'll see you at our fundraiser! :)
uploadfromtaptalk1464802420182.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1464802420182.jpg (47.77 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
uploadfromtaptalk1464802188862.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1464802188862.jpg (22.1 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
uploadfromtaptalk1464802180531.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1464802180531.jpg (28.92 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Doraswonderland on 01 Jun 2016 18:33, edited 4 times in total.
sdf76

Re: Dora's Wonderland Guinea Pig Rescue

Post by sdf76 »

You will need to send a pm to one of the mods to discuss the possibility of being added as a Pledge a pound Rescue, (though I think new rescues are usually added at the start of the year? )
Lovely guinea pig pics. It seems many of the rescues are innondated at present :( I hope you manage to rehome them all.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Vicky

Re: Dora's Wonderland Guinea Pig Rescue

Post by Vicky »

Hello iv just managed to get back as i lost the username :( coupd you poss message me some info :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk