Abandoned piggies

Popcorn corner, stories and chat about guinea pigs
Apache

Abandoned piggies

Post by Apache »

A friend's Dad was exercising his horse, and happened to notice 3 boxes by the side of a field that looked odd, and on investigation they contained a guinea pig each, he rang my friend, who came and retrieved them.

She took them to the vet who said they where all fine - 1 girl and 2 entire boars. They where well fed and used to being handled.

My friend decided to keep them and put the girl on her own, and the two boys together - however they kept fighting, so she's managed to rehome one of the boys, and the other is being castrated next week, then he can go back in with the girl (who she hopes isn't pregnant).

It really does beggar belief that what had been well looked after pets are treated in this way...

Thankfully these 3 have had a happy ending...
kermit

Re: Abandoned piggies

Post by kermit »

What a stroke of luck that your friends dad seen them, goodness knows what the outcome could have been had he not!

Some people are just so evil, leaving the wee things in a box in the middle of nowhere.

They have a great life ahead of them now at least!
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Pleased that these have had a happy ending, it seems to be that it's happening more and more, not sure if you saw this article yesterday, I know peoples circumstances change but that is no excuse for neglect :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... blame.html
Apache

Post by Apache »

I think its bad enough when people "let them loose", but leaving them in a box is terrible :-(

OMG_ Poor Keiron - that's awful :-(

(no idea where the Mail gets their figures about £5 of pellets a week! - a bag lasts Alfred several months (although Alfred would probably prefer them over a week) )
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

lucky they were found..people never cease to disappoint me :(
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

glad the guinea pigs were found. Poor Keiran. ( I thought the rabbit flea was rare unlike the cat flea ) ThE Mail is wrong to suggest the cost of keeping a rabbit is very little and it's clear Keiran had been neglected for a very long time :(
sue
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Apache

Post by Apache »

I know! The Mail must have made up their figures on the spot, and forgotten to mention that they can get ill too :-(