The loveliest Update

Popcorn corner, stories and chat about guinea pigs
honeybunny

The loveliest Update

Post by honeybunny »

Sometimes people adopt and we never hear from them again and others stay in touch
A very nice family adopted Kyushu and Shikoku just over a week ago and today i received a lovely update which i thought i'd share

Dear Jill,

As it's now just over a week since they came to live with us, I thought I'd send you an update about how Kyushu and Shikoku are settling in. They are doing very well, and we have all grown very fond of them both. They quickly stopped being skittish whenever someone walks past their house, and even come to check now, in case whoever is around might be bringing them their vegetables.
They are very keen on their veggies and gobble everything we give them each day (I do wish I could say the same of my children!!!), and seem to have a good appetite generally, so I guess they're quite relaxed in their new home. As you told me, they are not over-keen on being picked up, but to my surprise, once they're held, they do relax very quickly and seem to enjoy a cuddle. We've had the privilege of hearing Shikoku's singing, which is really amazing. I had never heard a guinea pig sound like this before. I'm quite glad you told me about it, as I'd have been worried otherwise... He started singing while I was working in the kitchen, and I wondered at first what kind of strange bird the cats must have dragged through the cat flap. I then realised it might be Shikoku and sneaked over to peek, and he was quite happily sitting there, singing away merrily. It was truly an unforgettable moment!!
I attach some pictures of our lovely boys. Shikoku isn't so keen on being photographed, he tends to hide behind Kyushu whenever I point my camera at him, so there aren't as many pictures of him yet.
I'm so, so glad we rehomed those two little boys, and love them to bits! My youngest child is totally taken with them, and is already asking me if she could get some more guinea pigs soon... so you never know, we might be in touch again in a few months, looking to rehome more lovely piggies.
Many thanks again for letting us adopt them, we have happy piggies and happy people here!

Best wishes to all at Honeybunnies,

From Ziggy&family, and Kyushu and Shikoku.

lots of lovely photos attached too..after a bit of flak i received today this really cheered me up :)
Hunnybunny2007

Re: The loveliest Update

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

It's always nice to hear of a happy ending - did you ever record him singing :)
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

no never got a recording of him..but will ask his new owners to. his mum who holiday hutch owns sings too, but not as much. this little lad just sings and sings even when he knows you are near and watching him..I was lucky enough to see/hear it once and it was quite emotional. Ange heard him several times
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Aw, that's lovely :x

I've never heard a piggy sing, and we had them for 35 years! One day.....
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Blackberry wrote:Aw, that's lovely :x
I've never heard a piggy sing, and we had them for 35 years! One day.....
it's very rare. most piggie owners never hear it..we were just lucky with this lad and his mum!
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

honeybunny wrote:no never got a recording of him..but will ask his new owners to. his mum who holiday hutch owns sings too, but not as much. this little lad just sings and sings even when he knows you are near and watching him..I was lucky enough to see/hear it once and it was quite emotional. Ange heard him several times
I've never heard one sing, that's why I asked, it would be great to hear him :)
rabbitapril

Post by rabbitapril »

How nice to get such a nice update.