Undiagnosed sick piggy

Popcorn corner, stories and chat about guinea pigs
Honey61

Undiagnosed sick piggy

Post by Honey61 »

I'm not a piggy person, but I know many of you peeps are fab with piggies & I am hoping you may be able to help.

My veterinary nurse has a poorly piggy who went off his veggies/grass 6 weeks ago. He will eat cucumber & tomatoes plus his pellets but that's about it.
I did some foraging & took a bag of apple leaves, plantain, dandelions, clover, bramble leaves etc.... but they couldn't tempt him :(

He is having supplemented vit C & has had meds, syringe feeds, but still no improvement. He is still pooping but they are only half size. She has nearly lost him a couple of times & each time they say it is time to let him go, he gets a reprive, but time is running out for this little chappy now.

Something somewhere in his intestines isn't working properly, but they still are unable to find the cause.
Has anyone any ideas of what could have caused him to go off his veggies? Any ideas on what could cause this? Is there anything they could try?

Any suggestions would be very welcome
Blackberry

Re: Undiagnosed sick piggy

Post by Blackberry »

Too much tomato can cause a sore mouth, so get them to keep an eye on that too! No ideas - sorry :( I assume they've checked his teeth?
Honey61

Post by Honey61 »

Teeth checked & OK.
I don't think he has that much tomato ... I'm sure she said a small amount, but I'll check

Thanks Blackers
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Sorry, I don't know too much about Guinea pigs, but I can send loads of vibes x
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Sending vibes that the piggie recovers soon.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny