Our Pregnant Sow

Popcorn corner, stories and chat about guinea pigs
thumpinbun

Re: Our Pregnant Sow

Post by thumpinbun »

Hunnybunny2007 wrote:
honeybunny wrote:update on this..Dominica definately had a very large round tum when she arrived and as she had been in with an un neutered boar we expected babies..but she slimmed down...so not sure if she re absorbed the babies ..although this is rare..or was just still carrying her post pregnancey spare tyre ( I still have mine 23 years on! :lol: )

but..one of her baby girls wasn't so lucky and is definately pregnant by her dad :( She is about to pop and will post pics as soon as the little ones arrive
Any updates on the poor little girl :(
Yes, I was lucky enough to witness the birth of four babies just before Christmas. Mum and babies all doing well. Sorry I can't post pictures my laptop is having a tantrum and won't load Photobucket!!
holidayhutch

Post by holidayhutch »

Does anyone know if Dominica is looking for a home?
thumpinbun

Post by thumpinbun »

holidayhutch wrote:Does anyone know if Dominica is looking for a home?
I think someone was asking about her before Christmas but I haven't heard anything further so if you are interested I would send Jill a pm.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

thumpinbun wrote:
Hunnybunny2007 wrote:
honeybunny wrote:update on this..Dominica definately had a very large round tum when she arrived and as she had been in with an un neutered boar we expected babies..but she slimmed down...so not sure if she re absorbed the babies ..although this is rare..or was just still carrying her post pregnancey spare tyre ( I still have mine 23 years on! :lol: )

but..one of her baby girls wasn't so lucky and is definately pregnant by her dad :( She is about to pop and will post pics as soon as the little ones arrive
Any updates on the poor little girl :(
Yes, I was lucky enough to witness the birth of four babies just before Christmas. Mum and babies all doing well. Sorry I can't post pictures my laptop is having a tantrum and won't load Photobucket!!
I'm glad that mum and babies are doing well, lucky you for witnessing the birth. Have they got Christmas themed names ;)
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Dominica may well be looking for a home.
Babies were given island names as their relatives were named with that topic
So, named after the islands of Japan and pic taken when quite newborn and with mum meet
1st multi coloured (with white shoulders) - Honshu
2nd dark multi coloured - Hokkaido
Mainly dark - Kyushu
White (with red eyes) - Shikoku

and one of Kyushu and Shikoku

Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

:x :x :x :x :x

I sooo want a herd of piggies.......

I hope these all get their forever homes quickly - they are just adorable :x :x :x
holidayhutch

Post by holidayhutch »

Jill I have pm'd re offering Dominca a home if she is still available. I am looking for a single sow that is ready to live outdoors with our neutered rescue boar who lost his wifey pig at New Year.
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

holidayhutch wrote:Jill I have pm'd re offering Dominca a home if she is still available. I am looking for a single sow that is ready to live outdoors with our neutered rescue boar who lost his wifey pig at New Year.
will let you know later which one the other lady chooses x
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Good news Lynne, the lady adopted Grenadine..so Dominica can be yours..just need to see if transport can be arranged..fingers crossed
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

honeybunny wrote:Good news Lynne, the lady adopted Grenadine..so Dominica can be yours..just need to see if transport can be arranged..fingers crossed
Aw, how exciting :D

I'm so glad she will be getting her 'forever' home :x