the inside/outside debate

Popcorn corner, stories and chat about guinea pigs
poppymoon

the inside/outside debate

Post by poppymoon »

my piggies have always lived outside during the warmer months and they love it. thing is, i have a lovely indoor set up now with fleece and stuff which they also love.

hmmm......what should i do? outside for summer and indoors for winter or just out in the runs on nice days?
hurricanhoney

Re: the inside/outside debate

Post by hurricanhoney »

If they are happy indoors I would put them out in the runs on nice days. That's what I do with my indoor buns and they are very happy doing that.
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

hurricanhoney wrote:If they are happy indoors I would put them out in the runs on nice days. That's what I do with my indoor buns and they are very happy doing that.
they're happy little souls so long as there's food about! as soon as they hear me speak they start wheeking /:) other people talk - no reaction - but as soon as i mutter a word they're off!!
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

I agree with Emma :) Keep their main home indoors and just put them outside when it's nice for a change :) Lucky guinea pigs :)
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

If they enjoy an outing in the run then it will be a nice change of scene for them :)

Rose and Martha love being outside, so long as they are off the ground in one of their hutches - they are the only piggies we've ever had that don't like being in a run on the lawn! :-o
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

my piggy plans are kinda scuppered after losing eleanor this week :(

only have edgar and fudge now who are both the more timid pigs. i put them out yesterday but i can't say that either of them enjoyed it. for a shelter though i use a wooden hut within the run which i took the bottom out of so they can still feel safe and enclosed but be able to munch grass at the same time.

house feels distinctly lacking in wheeeeeks :(
donnamt

Post by donnamt »

stes moms evil neighbour left her piggies out this winter and they died :'( sounds like house piggies is safer with access to outside when its lovely and warm.... if they dont like outside dont bother stress them this sun thing is overrated i hate summer LOL